Student’s Office is your contact with the Study Site. It’s Student’s Office you get information concerning matters related to your studies, you receive an index, Student’s ID that is needed you get a certificate or letters are applying on your holiday, extending the session, or make an index to settle or other important issues for you.
School Address :
Otwock, Armii Krajowej St 13
tel/fax: 22 719-52-15
Opening hours :
– Monday – closed
– Tuesday 8.00 – 16:00
– Wednesday 8:00 – 16:00
– Thursday 8:00 – 18:00
– Friday 8:00 – 16:00
– On Saturdays 9 am- 2 p.m in time of carried out school activities
– On Sundays 9 am- 2 p.m in time of carried out school activities
How to do it ?
Indexes to settle semester in the academic year 2015/2016 should be submitted to the Dean’s Office at the following times:
After the winter semester to 28 th /Feb /2016 After the summer semester to 15th /Sept /2016. Failure with index submission can result with excluding from the list of students.
Placing an index not in the right term will result in charging
1. The fee for submission to the settlement of the index after the winter semester of the academic year 2015/2016 after 28th Feb 2016 year is:
1) settlement of the index within 17th March .2016 – 100 PLN
2) settlement of the index within 30th March 2016 – 100 PLN
2. Fee for submission settlement of the index after the spring semester of the academic year 2015/2016 after 15th Sept 2016 is:
1) settlement of the index within 30th Sept 2016 – 20 PLN
2) submission to the settlement of the index within 15th Oct .2016 – 100PLN
Student in justified cases, it may apply to Dean for the extension of the deadline for submission of the index to be settled.
A student who fails to submit the index for settlement after 30th March 2016 And after 15th Oct 2016 will be deleted from the list of students
1. A student may be granted special leave in the case of:
1) long-term illness,
2) important life circumstances,
3) the birth of a child or care for it,
2. A student may be granted leave:
1) short-term, one semester
2) The term of no longer than two years.
3. The period of active military service the student receives special leave.
4. The leave automatically moves the date of planned completion of studies.
5. The leave is confirmed by an entry in the index.
6. During a leave student retains entitlement student.
The student submits the application to the Dean of the Study site. After 14 days of submission of application learns about the Dean’s decision
Applications for an excuse absences:
• a rule of applying 14-day deadline for submitting applications on excusing absences from exams;
• applications for an excuse absences (for a fixed form) must be submitted to the dean’s office; the administration should indicate the reason for absence and confirm the occurrence of reliable document;
• Information on excused absence or extend exam session is written by the dean’s office on the pages of the examination;
• excuse for absence from an examination the primary is required only if a failure of the exam, and I should not to occur until after the exam;
• justifying of absence from teaching (lectures, classes, foreign language courses, seminars) make directly conducts classes; Rector’s decisions in these matters are issued only under appeal.
The deadline for submitting the thesis:
Fall semester: March 15th
Spring semester: September 15th
Students can apply to repeat the semester or to continue the diploma seminar, the same deadline for submission of work will be extended by one semester. The applications for Dean to repeat the semester must be submitted in terms of: winter semester: March 15th , summer semester: September 15th.
Fees for repeating the seminar must be made within 14 days of the Dean’s decision.
Failure to submit a thesis or a relevant application within the prescribed period automatically results in a request for removal from the list of students.
Before the Final thesis Exam there should be submitted:
2. Students ID (according to the Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education dated 14th Sept 2011 Postgraduate student of first degree may have a student ID to 31st October
3.Two copies of the thesis in hardcover (three copies, if the promoter wants to keep a copy), printed on both sides and a copy of the electronic version on CD (Word or PDF 97-2003)
Thesis must be approved by the promoter (the promoter’s signature on the title page, confirming the acceptance of the work)
4. A statement of the student about his/her writing of the presented thesis
5. The completed Student Circulation Card
6. Four photographs in the format 4.5 x 6.5 cm
7. Proof of payment for the examination and issuance of diploma
BA Thesis / Engineering Thesis:
– is prepared independently by the student, under the guidance of the promoter,
– the topic of the thesis should be linked with the specialization and direction of student education,
– subject to review,
– it is the subject of discussion and evaluation during the final exam.
– Format of A4 paper,
– Font: Times New Roman, font size : 12 points
– Line spacing: 1.5 line,
– Margins: top, bottom, left, right: 2.5 cm; Binding: l cm,
– Apply the justification (alignment of text to both margins)
– Use paragraphs,
– References should be placed at the bottom of the page to which they refer;
Please refer to Regulation no. RK / 210/3/2011 Rector of Higher School of Warsaw in Otwock dated May 11th 2011. for the requirements to be met with thesis, diploma thesis and rules for carrying out the final exam at the studies.
1. study regulations provide 2 dates of the exams: ordinary exam, makeup- exam;
2. in the case of excused absence for at least one of these exams student is entitled to one exam within “additional term”;
3. during the exam students have : index, students ID, Exam Chart;4. exam grades and credits are available directly from the examiners;
5. Students’ office does not provide information about the results of exams and credits;
1. issued by Students’ Office before the examination periods for students who have settled all payments to the studies;
2. The student cannot be admitted to the examination without having the actual examination card (respectively ordinary examination, correction and make up exam, exam program differences);
3. a detailed schedule for the delivery of cards is announced on the website and on the notice board in the building of the Study
1. The deadline for submitting index cards and periodical performance (examination cards) to the Students’ Office after the winter semester till 28th February.
2. The deadline for submitting index cards and periodical performance (examination cards) to the Students’ Office after the summer semester until 15th September.
3. The student is required to obtain an entry in the index assessments and examination card student within the time specified in the schedule of the session. The employees of the students’ office do not help students in obtaining these entries from the examiners
What a student should know about?
Settlement of the index after examination session
1. basis and condition of the settlement of semester and year of study is submission to Students’ Office index with examination cards;
2. mandatory deadlines for the submission of indexes determine the “Organization of the academic year” after the winter semester until February 28th after the spring semester before September 15th .;
3. before submission of the index it is necessary to obtain stamps “settlement of cash” and “settlement of the library”;
4. “settlement of cash” can be done in Financial dept of Studies, and its condition is to regulate the financial obligations for the studies;
5. settlement of index allows to specify the student’s status, on the basis of which there are established entitlement to certain stat benefits ( transport tickets, social pensions, exemption from military service, …) issuing the certificate on the study;
6. on the basis of settlement index and card circulation at the end of the studies are signed,
7. failure in not to submitting the index within the defined period automatically results in a request for removal from the list of students;
8. re-entering the list of students (reactivation) requires filing applications to Rector and providing the re-entering fee,
9. in justified and reliably documented by the student cases, Rector may extend the term of submitting the index (settlement of examination session).
. study regulations provide 2 dates of the exams: exam ordinary, an exam;
2. in the case of excused absence for at least one of these exams student is entitled to one exam within “additional”;
3. exam you must have: the index, legitimacy, current periodical performance chart (examination);
4. exam grades and credits are available directly from the examiners;
5. dean’s offices do not provide information about the results of exams and credits;
6. All tests are free of charge;
Periodical card of student exams
1. issued by Students’ Office before the examination periods for students who have settled all payments to the School ;
2. Rector may authorize releasing the periodical performance (examination) when the application for postponement of payment of tuition fees is approved by Rector or Chancellor The condition for a positive decision of Rector is giving the essential causes of the backlog and indicate the date of settlement;
3. The student cannot be admitted to the examination without having the valid examination card (respectively ordinary examination, correction I, II correction, conditional exam, exam program differences);
4. a detailed schedule for the delivery of cards is announced on the website and on the notice board in the building of the Study.
Entries of ratings to index
1. collecting all the entries with assessments of exams within the prescribed period is the responsibility of the student;
2. dates and places of entries assessments are given in the schedule of the examination session;
3. employees of the students’s office do not help students in obtaining entries ratings from examiners.
4. failure to report the entry assessments within the defined time limits does not constitute grounds for extending the deadline for submission index for settlement;
1. course credit (with the regulation of exam) should take place at the last class;
2. completion of exercise is a prerequisite for taking the exam;
3. the student should pass all exercises on the last class, or prior before the examination;
4. not participating in the exam in the examination session due to lack of credit classes is understood as an unexcused absence;
5. terms of records correction are established by examiners;
6. deadlines for records corrections should allow accession to the next exams
1. conditional entry means to enter the next semester when failing no more than two subjects;
2. conditional entry requires filing applications to Rector;
3. “conditional” subjects should be passed by the student in the first place; move them to the next semesters is unacceptable;
4. with the consent of the examiner the student can take exam from the “conditional” subject prior to the session;
5. payment for a conditional entry must be done within 14 days from the entry of the conditional decision of Rector
Repeating the school year
1. If a student does not pass more than 2 items, is directed to repeat the semester;
2. student repeating a semester is “ex officio” prescribed all the positive exam grades and credits of the subjects already included in the study period.
3. In the event of changes in the plans of study the student is obliged to pass “program differences.” Decisions on these issues are taken by Rector
Applications for absences excuse
1. There is a valid 14-day deadline for submitting applications on excusing the absences from exams;
2. The application for an excused absences (provided in a fixed form) must be submitted to the Student’s office; there should be indicated the reason for absence and there should be given a confirmation of the occurrence with reliable document;
3. The information on excused absence or extend exam session is written by the Students’ office on the pages of the examination cards;
4. excuse for absence at the primary exam is required only in case of a failure of the exam, and I should not to occur until after the exam;
5. justification of absence from classes (lectures, classes, foreign language courses, seminars) make directly tutors of the classes; Decisions of students’ office in these matters are issued only under appeal course.
• The deadlines for submitting thesis to March 15th after the winter semester and 15th September during the summer semester. Failure to submit the thesis in time or application results in a removal from the list of students. The deadline for submission of applications to Rector with a request to repeat the semester (repetition of seminar) is valid to 15th March and 15th September. Payments for repeating the seminar must be made within 14 days from the decision of Rector to repeat the semester by student
• Before presentation of the thesis there must be submitted to the Students’ Office following documents:
2. student card (according to the Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education dated 14th Sept 2011. A graduate student of first degree may have a student ID valid to 31st October, that is valid to year in which was taken graduation)
3. Two copies of the thesis in hardcover printed on both sides and a copy of the electronic version on CD. Thesis must be approved by the promoter (the promoter’s signature on the title page)
4. statement about the student’s independent writing work,
5. supplemented circulation card,
6. four photographs of size 4,5×6,5 cm
7. Fee for the exam and issuing the diploma
1. According to with applicable law regulations, smoking on campus is prohibited;
2. The Study site is not obliged to organize special smoking room or posting information about the smoking banning.
The ethos of student
1. The Study is a place where you apply high ethical standards and requirements in the field of cultural behavior (academic ethos);
2. The student is obliged to comply with the applicable standards under the rules and academic tradition, which confirms the students’ oath;
3. For a disciplinary offenses student takes responsibility to disciplinary action under the terms of the Law Act of higher education.
1. At the Study Site there are applied a high ethical standards and requirements in the field of cultural behavior ( academic ethos). The student is obliged to comply with the applicable standards under the rules and academic traditions and customs, which confirms the students’ oath.
2. The student is obliged to comply with the terms contained in the “organization of the academic year.”
3. From each subject, students are entitled to two exams: the ordinary, the first correction exam.
4. A student who has justified absence of at least one exam has the right to take the examination in “additional” term.
5. The students are required to have during the exam: ID, current index, examination card of the student
6. The student is required to obtain an entry in the index assessments and examination student card within the time specified in schedule of the session. Employees of the Students’ Office do not help students in obtaining these entries from the examiners.
7. There is obligatory effective 14 day period to justify the absence of the exam. The excuse for absence from ordinary exam is required only in the event of a failure of the first exam, and students should apply for it right after the exam.
8. Applications for an excused absences at examinations must be submitted to the Students’ office with the reliable documenting the reason for the absence.
9. Applications for an extension of the examination session must be submitted prior to the date of its completion.
10. Information on excused absence or extend exam session is written down by Dean in the examination students’ card.
11. About the excuse for absence from classes (lectures, classes, foreign language courses, seminars) should be requested directly to the tutors running these classes and these tutors should have submission of the appropriate statements of the reasons for absence.
12. A student who repeats a year of study is a right to have “ex officio” prescribed all the positive exam grades and credits of the subjects already included in the study period.
13. “Conditional” exams should be passed with the tutor having the subject. There is a possibility to take the exam in the exam session or at time agreed with the lecturer. For conditional exam the student is required to have a “conditional” card test.
14. The certificates are issued by the Students’ Office directly to the interested in person after showing the current card and an index with provided regulated tuition.
15. Students should immediately inform the Students’ office of any change of name or address.
16. Smoking on campus is prohibited. The Study site is not obliged to organize special smoking room or posting information about the smoking ban